If you would like to make an appointment to meet with an advisor for major exploration, please call 801-581-8146 or make an appointment online by clicking here:
Before the appointment we’d like for you to write down some information about yourself and your specific interests, skills, and values. This will give you a chance to get a few ideas down on paper to help you order your own thoughts, and the advisor can use it to get to know you better. Please pick 3-4 of the questions below and bring your recorded answers with you to your major exploration appointment. We look forward to meeting you!
Write a few sentences in response to the questions you choose from the list below:
- What classes have you enjoyed (at the University or in high school)?
- What types of activities have you been involved in during college or high school, volunteering, sports, clubs, etc?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What kinds of jobs have you enjoyed/not enjoyed working? Please explain why you did or didn’t like a particular job.
- In a major or a career, what is important to you?
- List a few goals that you have set for yourself in college.
- Do you have a dream job? Please describe it.
- What do you feel are some of your strengths?
- Tell us how you feel about the major exploration process. What expectations or questions do you have for your advisor?