The Academic Advising Center is committed to helping students succeed. Our office is here to assist students as they navigate their way through their own educational journey. We use advising as a tool to teach students how they can best be served on our campus.
- Set up an phone appointment with an advisor.
- Please call our office to select a preferred time 801-581-8146
- Fill out the FERPA release prior to your appointment
- Contact Academic Advising Center at (801)581-8146 with your specific needs to see if another form of interaction is available.
Although advisors prefer to interact with students directly, if that is not possible, Academic Advising Center advisors can speak to parents about a select amount of information regarding their student's record. This is only possible, however, if the student has given us permission to do so. Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, students must fill out a FERPA release consent form which allows us to release their personal student information to a third party. Read instructions on how to fill out the FERPA release. It is important that this is filled out BEFORE speaking with an academic advisor about your student's record. Once the FERPA release form has been filled out, call (801)581-8146 to schedule an appointment.
- Course selection for their student
- Transfer questions regarding their student
- Review of the students general education courses, via the DARS report
- General registration questions
- Assist with department referrals