Write a few sentences in response to the questions you choose from the list below.
Who is My Major Exploration Advisor?
Enter your unid to get the link to your advisor's schedule.
Helpful Questions to Ask
An important part of exploring majors is knowing what questions to ask to help you gather meaningful information for you to use in your decision making process. Use these questions, and ones you've come up with, to guide your conversations with the department representatives.
- Why do students tend to select (or why did you select) this major?
- What class or classes would be a good introduction to this major? Which classes have been your favorite in the major?
- What types of skills will I develop if I pursue this major?
- Are there any specific general education courses you would recommend I take as I complete this major?
- What elective courses would you recommend?
- What kind of campus activities or student organizations on campus relate to this major?
- Does this major require or is it desirable to have a graduate degree in this area?
- What types of internships are available to students in this major?
- What kinds of careers are possible with this major after graduation?
Have a quick question you want to ask an exploration advisor in between classes? Need help figuring out how to read a degree audit for the majors you are exploring? If you have a quick question or just want to check in on your major exploration progress with an advisor you can see us during walk-in hours in fall semester over in the Marriott Library. Check back for specific days and times we will be available in fall semester.
See where are on campus! Exploration advisors participate in Welcome Week Events such as PlazaFest, Welcome Socials and more! We want to be accessible to you and meet you where you are. We plan to table in the Marriott Library, Student Union, and more. You can stop by and ask us any questions you may have about exploring majors. An updated schedule for fall will be posted soon!