There are four main Theatre BFA emphases:
- Actor Training Program (ATP) Emphasis - a professionally oriented university/conservatory program for students who seek careers as actors. Designed to prepare students for classical and contemporary theatre, the curriculum is fundamentally craft-based, offering rich and intensive courses in voice, speech and movement, as well as acting.
- Musical Theatre Program (MTP) Emphasis. - Admission to the Musical Theatre Program (MTP) is by audition only. We prefer applicants to audition in-person. The Musical Theatre Program is a dynamic and demanding undergraduate training experience for students who seek a professional career in Musical Theatre. The curriculum is fundamentally craft-based: offering rich and intensive courses in singing, acting, and dancing. Our vocal, dancing, and acting faculty is comprised of nationally and internationally recognized working professionals who bring their talents, skills, and experience to the classroom. We also have a commitment to bringing in guest artists and other visiting professionals to complement our existing curriculum. Our comprehensive course of study requires that students who successfully complete the program must be motivated, committed, hard-workers, as well as gifted.
- Performing Arts Design Program (PADP) Emphasis - The Performing Arts Design Program provides the opportunity for students to study design as it pertains to the performing arts. All PADP students complete a Department of Theatre core curriculum that examines the history, literature, design, and production of theatrical performance; they also complete a PADP core curriculum that emphasizes scenery, costuming, and lighting design for the stage.
- The Stage Management Program Emphasis - A pre-professional program designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in theater and/or for further education at a graduate level. This is the only Bachelor's program in Stage Management in Utah.
80-97 credits. See advisor for entry level course.
How to Audition
- Career Information and Resources - external link
- View courses in this department - opens new window - external link
Are you transferring from another Utah college or University?
Learn about transferring your credits into this major in the Getting Ready Transfer Guides. - opens new window - external link