Research is the foundation of medical knowledge – you will learn from and participate in research during professional school. Health professionals depend on medical literature to remain current in their field during their entire career. Most medical schools highly recommend participation in research. It is also a plus for dental and veterinary school. The UUSOM requires participation in independent, hypothesis-based research using scientific method. Your research experience could be from many different areas – it does not have to be medically related or in a lab.
- Summer Enrichment Program at U of Cincinnati
- Summer Research Program at Cornell
- Pediatrics Academic Associates The Pediatrics department runs a clinical research-based class sequence which trains students in research and allows them to actively enroll patients in multiple
clinical studies being run through the Pediatrics Department; focus in this area can
lead to a minor in Pediatric Clinical Research.
- U of U ER Research Associate
- Summer Research through NIDDK
- UGS 4805
- Campus Student Employment Career Services, 382 SSB,1-4473. Part-time jobs on and off-campus, medical center, research park, etc.
- University Human Resources Office Part-time job listings for lower campus and med center. 420 Wakara, Suite 105, SLC, UT 84108
- Honors Program Research Project and Thesis in major required for Honors degree. Sill Center, 801-581-7383
- Bioscience Undergraduate Research Program For biology majors, contact Dr. Rosemary Gray or Theresa Nydam, 103 Biology Building 581-5013.
- Cardiovascular Genetics Lab at LDS Hospital