Heidi Bates - College of Pharmacy, Outstanding New Academic Advisor Award
Kelly Brown - Division of Occupational Therapy - Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
Nominate an Outstanding Academic Advisor!
Do you know an academic advisor who has made a positive impact on the lives of their students? Nominations are now being accepted from students, staff, and faculty for the 2016 University Academic Advising Committee’s Outstanding Advisor Awards. The deadline to nominate is February 5, 2016.
The awards recognize U of U academic advisors who have demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding advising of students such as:
- Approaches advising as teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Available to advisees
- Reaches out and supports underserved populations
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Uses and disseminates appropriate information sources
- Caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and staff
- Works with students outside of office in formal University-related activities
- Monitors advisee progress toward academic and career goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Participates in and supports advisor development programs
- Proactive; builds relationships with advisees and follows up
- Practices developmental advising
It only takes a few moments to complete the nomination process here. Additional questions can be addressed to Bobbi Davis (Bobbi.Davis@utah.edu) or Shawn Adrian (Shawn.Adrian@utah.edu). Consider recognizing an outstanding advisor at the U of U by submitting a nomination today!