Release of Information (FERPA)
Student records at The University of Utah are governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its implementing regulations.
A student must authorize the University of Utah to release information to any 3rd party, such as a spouse or parent, whether over the phone, in person, or electronically.
These records include, but are not limited to, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Tuition, Registrar Records, Housing Residential Education, and Academic Advising records.
Students with CIS AccessPrint instructions as a PDF
- Log in to CIS.
- Click on “Student Homepage (Registration, Grades/Transcripts, Tuition)”
- Click on the icon that looks like the image on the right. Your name and your student number will be under the icon.
- Click on the FERPA Consent to Release Form link in the left navigation menu (second from the bottom).
- Read the Release Form.
- Select which campus departments can release the student's information.
- Create a PIN to verify access.
- Create list of names and email addresses to which University agencies are authorized to share information.
- Give your PIN number to the individuals you've authorized to view your records.