What is First Year Milestone Advising, or M.A.P., all about?
Because interacting with an academic advisor early in your university career leads to college success and completion, we require that new first year students meet with an advisor before they register for fall. This meeting will connect you to tools to M.A.P. out your unique degree experience.
Students in Honors College are required to meet with their major advisor OR major exploration advisor AND an honors advisor.
On March 4th, a registration hold will be placed on your record preventing you from registering for the fall 2019 semester.
Once you get the email on September 24th, make an appointment with your advisor to have your hold removed!
If you meet with your academic advisor BETWEEN March 4th and April 9th, you will be able to register EARLY for Fall 2019. Appointments fill fast! Schedule your appointment on March 4th!
- Beacon Scholars can meet with a Beacon Scholar advisor. Please click here
- Diversity scholars can meet with a CESA advisor. Please click here.
- TRiO students can meet with a TRiO advisor. Please click here.
Academic advising is a learning process and partnership between the student and advisor. So that you can participate in this learning experience:
- Log into Campus Information Services (CIS), click on "My Degree Dashboard", generate and review your Degree Audit. You and your advisor will discuss your Degree Audit in your appointment.
- Bring ideas for your class schedule.
- Compile a list of your questions.
- Ensure your AP, IB and concurrent enrollment credits have been posted. View instructions to post credit.
You need to meet with an advisor before you leave to prevent complications upon your return. Click here for information on how to take an official Leave of Absence and talk to your advisor.