What is First Year Milestone Advising, or M.A.P., all about?
Because interacting with an academic advisor early in your university career leads to college success and completion, we require that first year students meet with an advisor before they register for the spring semester. This meeting will connect you to tools to M.A.P. out your unique degree experience.
Students in Honors College are required to meet with their major advisor OR major exploration advisor AND an honors advisor.
On September 25th, a registration hold will be placed on your record preventing you from registering for the Spring 2018 semester.
Once you get the email on September 25th, make an appointment with your advisor to have your hold removed!
If you meet with your academic advisor BETWEEN September 25th and November 3rd, you will be able to register EARLY for Spring 2018. Appointments fill fast! Schedule your appointment on September 25th!
- TRiO students can meet with a TRiO advisor. Please click here.
- Diversity scholars can meet with a CESA advisor. Please click here.
Academic advising is a learning process and partnership between the student and advisor. So that you can participate in this learning experience:
- Log into Campus Information Systems (CIS), click on "My Degree Dashboard", generate and review your Degree Audit. You and your advisor will discuss your Degree Audit in your appointment.
- Bring ideas for your class schedule.
- Compile a list of your questions.
- Ensure your AP, IB and concurrent enrollment credits have been posted. View instructions to post credit.
You need to meet with an advisor before you leave to prevent complications upon your return. Click here for information on how to take an official Leave of Absence and talk to your advisor.