What is First Year Milestone Advising, or M.A.P., all about?
Because interacting with an academic advisor early in your university career leads to college success and completion, we require that new first year students meet with an advisor before they register for summer and/or fall semester. This meeting will connect you to tools to M.A.P. out your unique degree experience.
Students in Honors College are required to meet with their major advisor OR major exploration advisor AND an honors advisor.
On March 5th, a registration hold will be placed on your record preventing you from registering for the summer and fall semesters.
Once you get the email on March 5th, make an appointment with your advisor to have your hold removed!
If you meet with your academic advisor BETWEEN March 5th and April 10th, you will be able to register EARLY for Fall 2018. Appointments fill fast! Schedule your appointment on March 5th!
- TRiO students can meet with a TRiO advisor. Please click here.
- Diversity scholars can meet with a CESA advisor. Please click here.
Academic advising is a learning process and partnership between the student and advisor. So that you can participate in this learning experience:
- Log into Campus Information Systems (CIS), click on "My Degree Dashboard", generate and review your Degree Audit. You and your advisor will discuss your Degree Audit in your appointment.
- Bring ideas for your class schedule.
- Compile a list of your questions.
- Ensure your AP, IB and concurrent enrollment credits have been posted. View instructions to post credit.
You need to meet with an advisor before you leave to prevent complications upon your return. Click here for information on how to take an official Leave of Absence and talk to your advisor.