What is the Undeclared Mandatory Advising Program?
As part of the Mandatory Advising Program, all students who have 60+ credit hours and at least 2 prior terms of enrollment who have not yet declared a major are required to meet with an advisor.
This meeting will help connect you with various University of Utah agencies to assist you with identifying a major. Quick action on your part will remove your registration hold.
IF YOU HAVE DECIDED ON A MAJOR: Declare your major with your department or college. Visit our website to find your department and advisor here.
IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED ON A MAJOR:
- Initiate major exploration with the Academic Advising Center Advising. For an appointment
call (801) 581-8146 or visit http://advising.utah.edu/scheduling/mandatory-advising.php
- If you are currently enrolled in LEAP/UC 1050, please notify your instructor that you received this email.
- Generate and bring a Degree Audit Report (DARS)
- Bring ideas for your class schedule.
- Compile a list of your questions.
You need to meet with an advisor before you leave to prevent complications upon your return. Click here for information on how to take an official Leave of Absence and talk to your advisor.