What is the Undeclared Mandatory Advising Program?
As part of the Mandatory Advising Program, all students who have 60+ credit hours and at least 2 prior terms of enrollment who have not yet declared a major are required to meet with an advisor.
This meeting will help connect you with various University of Utah agencies to assist you with identifying a major. Quick action on your part will remove your registration hold.
IF YOU HAVE DECIDED ON A MAJOR: Declare your major with your department or college. Visit our website to find your department and advisor here.
IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED ON A MAJOR:
- Initiate major exploration with the Academic Advising Center. For an appointment call (801) 581-8146 and ask for a major exploration appointment or schedule online here: https://advising.utah.edu/scheduling/index-1.php
- If you are currently enrolled in LEAP/UGS 1050, please notify your instructor that you received this email.
- Log into Campus Information Systems (CIS), click on "My Degree Dashboard", generate and review your Degree Audit. You and your advisor will discuss your Degree Audit in your appointment.
- Bring ideas for your class schedule.
- Compile a list of your questions.
You need to meet with an advisor before you leave to prevent complications upon your return. Click here for information on how to take an official Leave of Absence and talk to your advisor.