Joint Services Transcript
The U of U accepts credit for some kinds of military training as listed on a Joint Services Transcript (JST). Posting JST credit can be helpful in some cases but not in others. For this reason the U of U requires a student to meet with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center to help them determine if and when they might post their credits.
How to Post JST Credits
- Send your JST to the Admissions Office.
- It will be evaluated and a JST Worksheet will be created showing possible transferrable credits. An email will be sent to you once your JST Worksheet has been created.
- Meet with the designated JST advisor in the Academic Advising Center (AAC) to go over your JST Worksheet—Call 801-581-8146 for an appointment.
- The AAC advisor will help you understand the pros and cons of posting credits, see if any credits can fill general requirements, and determine a timeline for posting.
- Meet with your major advisor to determine if any credits can fill major requirements.
- To post credits you and all your advisors will sign your JST Worksheet.
- Return the signed Worksheet to the Admissions Office.