All new transfer students are required to meet with an advisor AND attend an orientation session before they can register for their first semester at the U.
- If you know your major, then make an appointment to meet with your departmental advisor as soon as you have been admitted. The Academic Advising Center's Departmental Advisor List can be used to find out how to contact your advisor.
- Undecided students should meet with a Transfer Program advisor. Call 801-581-8146 for an appointment.
Classes at the U can fill quickly! Don't delay meeting with your advisor and attending an orientation or the classes you want to take may be full. Fall registration at the U begins in April; early November for Spring Semester; and in March for Summer Semester.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to help plan your transfer (We recommend that you meet with your departmental advisor at least 2 semesters before
you intend to transfer.)
Undecided students should meet with an advisor in the Transfer Program at the Academic Advising Center Advising: 450 SSB, 581-8146. Call for an appointment or see us during our campus visits to various community colleges.
- Understand the application and acceptance process
- Make sure you are selecting the best classes for your future transfer
- Learn about general graduation requirements and how your transfer work applies
- Receive help deciding on the best major for you at the U.
- Understand major requirements
- See how your transfer work applies to those requirements
- Learn about any special admissions requirements that may apply in your major (such as Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work).
- Apply for Admission to the University of Utah
Learn about deadlines and requiremetns, complete the admission application, have official transcripts sent from all previous schools, pay the application fee, and track the status of your application online.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Learn about deadlines and requirements.
- Get Cleared to Register by Meeting with Your Advisor
Find your departmental advisor in your major. If you are still deciding on a major set up an appointment with a general transfer advisor in the Transfer Program at the Academic Advising Center.
- Participate in Transfer Student OrientationRegister with the Office of Orientation and New Student Programs
Orientation is mandatory for all new transfer students. Attend the earliest possible orientation session to have the best selection of classes!
- Send an Official Transcript after your final grades have been posted
After your grades and/or degree from your current semester have been posted, send another transcript to the Admissions Office.