The School Health Teaching minor is for students who are already pursuing a different teaching major, and yet are also interested in health education as an additional topic of study. With this minor, students are often eligible to teach health in addition to their teaching discipline area in a secondary school environment.
Academic and Career Opportunities
This minor includes the 7 content requirements for the Utah Health Education Endorsement:
- Human Disease/Disease Prevention
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Human Sexuality/Sex Education
- Methods of Teaching Health
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
(Submit copies of both sides of certification cards), depending on the state.